Metal detecting has been around for years and has rapidly become a trendy hobby. Metal detecting can be enjoyed by all the family, young and old, male or female. The hobby has become a great way to keep fit, meet friends and maybe make some extra money. Metal detecting is incredibly addictive, especially when digging up relics or coins that are hundreds of years old.
While out with your metal detector, you are learning about the history of our ancestors. It’s a great inspiration to learn more about local history. You will probably spend many hours on the Internet and reading books to discover what items you’ve found. Old maps are another area that usually becomes interesting to detectorists.
Why Metal Detecting?
Different people have different reasons to start Metal detecting. Starting a new hobby is exciting, and few are as fun as Metal detecting. Some people love history and the thrill of holding something that hasn’t seen the light of many years. Others are interested in collecting coins or other artefacts or love being active and in the outdoors.
Metal detecting is an excellent exercise, with walking, digging and being out in the fresh air. It is a proper relaxation and excellent stress management. Engaging in a treasure hunt can provide a temporary escape from your daily concerns. And, of course, financial gain from selling your finds or gold nuggets. Although very few people are in this hobby for financial gain. Their discoveries are often more meaningful to them than some extra money.
Best Metal Detector!
So you think that metal detecting sounds like it could be something you would enjoy?
What do you need to get started Metal detecting?
When you’re just starting, you only need a metal detector, a digging tool, and a pinpointer if you want one. You’ll want to get yourself an entry-level detector. If you’re unsure whether you’ll enjoy a new hobby, it’s best not to spend much money upfront. Entry-Level detectors are designed for the broadest set of users.
Choosing a Metal detector that is right for you can be a task on its own, with so many options available. There are many excellent beginner metal detectors. If this is your first metal detector, you want something low-cost and straightforward. All metal detectors detect Metal. What makes one detector better than another is the additional features and enhancements. Most machines are excellent for coin and jewellery hunting.
Good cheap metal detectors
Cheap metal detectors usually only have a few features, but they are fully adequate for most users. They display information about what you have found; numbers, usually 0-99, show this. Many detectors also provide a graphic indication of what is in the ground.
They have discrimination and depth, with sound and graphic indication. The display shows which search mode is set and the battery charge and sensitivity. There is just about everything needed for a successful treasure hunt. The built-in pinpointer in the detector is good, although the use is limited.
- Graphic target ID cursor (12 segments)
- Discrimination, accept/reject notch
- Microprocessor controlled
- Sensitivity & depth adjustment (8 settings)
- Electronic pinpoint.
- 9-Segment Category Icons for Target Identification, Discrimination and Notching
- Full Discrimination Control 3 Tones alert
- Concentric Waterproof Searchcoil
- Sensitivity Bar Graph
- Graphic Target Depth Indicator
- 7.5 & 18.75kHz – change frequency by changing coils
- Large monochrome positive reflective LCD.
- 5 depth indication icons
- Ground Balance Manual adjustment 0 to 20.
- VFLEX technology
- Detect Modes Coin & Treasure.
- Digital Target ID: 0 to 99 scale offers target information
- 7″ x 10″ (18 x 25cm) PROformance submersible searchcoil
- Higher frequency (8 kHz) provides better sensitivity
- Increased Iron Resolution
- Adjustable Frequency to help eliminate interference
- Iron Target Indicator
- Motion Discrimination Mode
- Fe Tone Variable Iron Discrimination
- Turn-On-And-Go, well balanced & lightweight
- Fast recovery speed
- 7,69 kHz operating frequency
- Visual Target-ID by Category
- Fe-Tone® (Adjustable Iron Audio)
- 9-Segment Visual Target-ID
- Large 2-Digit, 1-99 Numeric Target-ID